Best diving locations...in the world

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Misa

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So, here is the deal...my wife told me that for my next birthday she will take me to the best diving location in the world...the place that i`m dreaming about...the heaven of diving. Now here is the problem, i dont know where that place is...all i know is:...i love to dive, i love to be in the water i love to swim along with fishes, etc. I`m doing Advanced course this week-end and for sure i will do 30-40 more divings this year. I have the book "50 places to dive before you die" and a "World`s Diving Atlas" but i`m really into finding more about where SB`s members dove so far...or...where they dream to dove in the future.

I only dove in Egipt and Black Sea so far and my experience is 0 at traveling atm. So, im asking the experienced divers here that traveled to most of the continents and dove in different exotic locations what was the place that impress them much, like, where is the place you left your soul and why?

Im interested in this order:

1: Exotic marine life(small and big fishes), reefs, etc
2: Good diving conditions
3:Wreck...its not a must but if there are 1-2 in the area is better :)

Please write the continent first and as much info as possible so i can make a chart.

Thanks for reading!

ps:100 Best Dive Sites of the World

MisaC, perhaps no one wants to reveal their favorite place, since that would make the place more crowded with divers? I too am interested in responses to your question. My 40th birthday is later this year and I want to celebrate with a dive trip to somewhere spectacular.

I'll prime the pump with three suggestions:

1. Red Sea
2. Fiji
3. Indonesia

Any comments?

there is this great quarry in southeastern PA...just kidding

Well, my favorites primarily are wrecks...

1 - Truk lagoon, the everest of wreck diving, more than 60 wrecks in all depths, dives from basic to technical wreck. This was a japanese base in the second world war that was attacked by the americans as a response for the attack to Pearl Harbour.

2 - Red Sea, great marine life as well, but don`t leave without diving in the shipwreck Carnatic

3 - Palau, great marine life and some wrecks

Hope you enjoy your birthday present!

Palos Verdes Peninsula, Southern California, USA.

We have wrecks (real and artificial). We have giant kelp forests. We have exotic marine life.

SE Asia, Malaysia, Sipadan island,.... If you can get in. With the Gov't restrictions, it can be difficult. Over 10 days there, our group did 4 dives a day for 4 days. There rest we did dives around Mabul Island. No wrecks, but the amount of flora & fauna was incredible. We saw dozens of sharks & turtles on almost every dive. There were thousands of fish of every size shape color you can imagine & then some for as far as the eye could see. There were also lots of shrimps, crabs, cuttlefish, nudibraches...... the list goes on. It was truly magnificent.

1. Truk
2. Fiji
3. Papua New Guinea

Only one I know of personally is Fiji. I really liked diving on the island of Kadavu and the best site was the Cabbage Patch.

Truk is set for next year.

PNG is two years if all goes well.

2nd Vote for Sipadan here. Also visit Lankayan island whilst in Sabah. Couple of wrecks there and although diving is not quite as good as Siadan the island itself is incredible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom