water in ear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mcavana

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I searched and found a few old threads...

Just need to know, what is the best current advice to deal with water in the ears (as far as after the dive day treatement)???

The older threads I did find recomended 50% white vinegar and 50% rubbing or isopropyl alchol in each ear for 5 minutes. Is this still the best recomended treatement?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike

Still the recommended treatment. Mainly recommended to avoid ear infections, by increasing acidity to unhealthy levels for bacteria.

Also, do not clean the wax of your ears, only the excess that comes out of the ear channel, it is the best natural protection

If it's severe, i suggest you to go to see a doctor, i had the similar ear problem before, all the best...

I use 50% white vinegar & 50% rubbing alcohol with a little baby oil added to the mix.
(I know, now my percentages don't add up :doh2:,but you get the idea:wink:)
The addition of baby oil keeps the inside of the ear canal from drying out. I use it after every dive. I put a couple of drops in each ear & let it sit for a couple of seconds, then let it drain.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom