Transpac II w/ Trek Wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maxmanta

Registered
Reaction score
Are Dive Rite Trek Wings meant to be held in place only by the tank straps or is there another, more permantent way of attaching them?

The owner's manual does NOT address this.

Also, if you're here to suggest that I go with a BP with wings, DON'T!

When diving singles the cam bands hold the wing in place. This is true of the Trek, Rec and Travel wings. With doubles or with side-mount, the Trek wing is bolted to the transpac through two grommets, as is the Rec. (with sidemount the wing goes under rather than outside the harness) The travel wing doesn't accomodate doubles.
Rick

Maxmanta,

I just got my Transpac II+Trek Wings I had the same problem I tried to attach it via the bolts. It took me couple of hours to figure out that it is only with the straps that hold the tank. I went diving last week with my new bc and I was very pleased with it.

Nice Diving :)

The wing is sandwitched between the harness and the tank. No other attachment is required.

Diving doubles requires the wing to be bolted to the harness.

Take a look at your manual or try the Dive-Rite site.

Ari :)

Back
Top Bottom