HTS with S25/38 Wings and no backplate or STA ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kdupreez

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Posted this on another thread, but after few days no reply, so i thought i'd post a new thread and get some opinions before dropping a couple of grand on 2 sets of Hollis tech gear.

I have a question on diving this new S25/38 with the new HTS2 harness system. This configuration seems to be the holy grail in starting into tech diving and then moving on to doubles as we progress.

1. Does the soft pack of the HTS2 fitted with the new S25/38 wing (sans the STA) for a single tank configuration provide adequate support without a backplate when diving cold or tropical? or would you suggest throwing on a back plate for decent support?

2. Weight integration with HTS2, does the HTS2 come with weight pockets or is that to be purchased seperately and can you add non-dumpable trim/back weight?

much obliged,

Koos

Posted this on another thread, but after few days no reply, so i thought i'd post a new thread and get some opinions before dropping a couple of grand on 2 sets of Hollis tech gear.

I have a question on diving this new S25/38 with the new HTS2 harness system. This configuration seems to be the holy grail in starting into tech diving and then moving on to doubles as we progress.

1. Does the soft pack of the HTS2 fitted with the new S25/38 wing (sans the STA) for a single tank configuration provide adequate support without a backplate when diving cold or tropical? or would you suggest throwing on a back plate for decent support?

2. Weight integration with HTS2, does the HTS2 come with weight pockets or is that to be purchased seperately and can you add non-dumpable trim/back weight?

much obliged,

Koos

Hi Koos,

Thanks for your questions.

Although the HTS is a soft pack without a hard plate, it provides a simple yet stable platform for single tanks. For additional stability, a hard backplate is available and can be adapted to work with this system (I suggest that for larger single tanks and steels). As you noticed, this harness is also designed for use with doubles. So when moving into a technical rig, only changing your wing is necessary.

Our QLR weight pocket system is available for the HTS harness. Adds quick release pockets to the left and right side capable of supporting up to 10lbs each. These are purchased separately in addition to the 5lb. non dumpable pockets you asked about - perfect addition for rear trim weights.

Hope this helps!

Perfect!! Thanks for the feedback Nick.. We dive in Pacific Northwest year round using drysuits with steel 100's and tropics a few times a year .. This confirms the choice on Hollis Gear and we will be ordering 2 full sets of Hollis Gear today!

HTS2 + S38 + BP + QLR Pockets + trim pockets = Perfect setup for single tank cold water..

For tropics we will add S25 travel wings and then as we move on to doubles we will also get the X55 wings.

I will be sure to do a write-up when we get the gear and go diving.

Cheers

Koos

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom