Diving in Deep Southern Sudan - Videos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marcel Steuermann

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello guys and fans of sudan diving,

three years ago, I had the opportunity to spent a fortnight on the liveaboard DonQuesto, going south into the unspoilt area of the Southern suakin archipelago. One of the best diving tours I did in 22 years of scuba.
In 2008, I could return to these places and it was still marvellous!!!

I did two longer videos about these tours - and maybe you appreciate them:
www.marinevideo.eu - Deep South Sudan 2006

www.marinevideo.eu - Sudan - Going South 2008

Cheers!

Hi,
yes, the southern reefs are truely incredible! According to the DonQuesto´s skipper, the northern ones have lost a lot of sharks in the last years, and I would rate him as being a reliable source. Still Shab rumi south and Sanganeb North in the central area are great as well! In the Northern suakin group, the "northern south" sotospeak, I love the Pinnacle and Keary Reef. But again, the deep south...wow!

Marcel, that is stunning! Good photography, good editing, great selection of music, storytelling... I've been a couple of times on Don Questo but not since 2003. Haven't made it the far south, only to the north suakins, but now I must go. I see that they still use reef scetches (Rumi) that a friend of mine did (Frerenc Orsi). Once again, fantastic!

Saw that you had a haboob also (sandstorm). I eperienced one in june 1999 on Sanganeb, with rain as well...
cheers

Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom