What type of diving...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blue Space

Contributor
Reaction score
Just wondering what type of diving you all enjoy most. i.e. wreck, cave, reef, or whatever. And what type of diving you don't like. As for me if it has water in it I want to dive it. With just 18 dives under my belt I have yet to get in the ocean. My buddies tell me I'm going to freak.....

As of yet, I havn't gotten into any special diving such as wrecks or caves but I plan to once I get back home. I'm sure I will love diving both of them. Right now I stick with walls and reefs mainly because I've never had someone to push me to get cert for anything else and none of my buddies dive it either.

I like any kinda dive in the ocean, which it appears you are never going to make it to. I think you may have a fear of salt or something. what's more important diving or moving your family into a new house?? where are your priorities??

on a more serious note. My ultimate goal is wrecks. Military wrecks in particular. The history with them is kewl, and the pride I feel towards the people who served on them. Maybe Bikini Atoll to be the ultimate goal in the future, Sara would be an incredible dive!!!

newdiverAZ once bubbled...
I like any kinda dive in the ocean, which it appears you are never going to make it to. I think you may have a fear of salt or something. what's more important diving or moving your family into a new house?? where are your priorities??
Your right I prefer the 2' viz we get at the lakes and that way I don't have to see your ugly face all the time....

newdiverAZ once bubbled...
on a more serious note. My ultimate goal is wrecks. Military wrecks in particular. The history with them is kewl, and the pride I feel towards the people who served on them. Maybe Bikini Atoll to be the ultimate goal in the future, Sara would be an incredible dive!!!
Isn't that funny wrecks are where I'm headed in the future good thing we're dive buddies...:mean:

I dive mostly lakes, would like to do wrecks but the all time best dives I have done are caves. Every cave dive is like a night dive. You never know when a finger is going to appear or what type of critter is hiding in it. In florida they house a fresh water eel. While intimidating to look at, they are actually quite freindly and the first time you every have one wrap around you it will freik you out.
However they are harmless and if they do bite they dont hurt. Definatly looking foreward to retuning to cave country. With that being said I dont particularly like ocean dives. If I dive salt water anymore it will be for a specific purpose ie... wrecks,seal,sea lions or to try my luck at lobster hunting.

P.S. to see some pics of the eels or vortex cave go to my website.

I live inland so I dive lots of lakes and some deep river gorges. It doesn't get me excited like diving Maui does. But I'd rather have a dive than watch TV so I'm not fussy.

I enjoy caves although I don't go in deep. Lots of fun though. I love dives with lave or coral formations that afford swim throughs. We do dive some wrecks and that's always fun.

What's the old adage, the best dive is my most recent one?

I'm like that.

Any type of diving works for me. But if I had a preference it would be high vis with warm water so my wife would always want to dive too.

Me I kinda shy away from anything below 50-55 since I'm still diving wet.

I dive the most in the local pond which is relatively low vis and cold.:mean:

Back
Top Bottom