2 Parter - re: DS 125

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

comayjo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Here's my 2-part question:

Part 1)
On my last dive trip I noticed on the glass lens of one of my DS-125's what appeared to be scratches or maybe little cracks... somewhat foolishly, I didn't think much of it and continued to dive through the trip with no issues. I'm about to leave on another trip and now I'm wondering if I should have the unit sent in for servicing (can the glass be swapped out? Is this recommended if the glass is only scratched?). For what its worth, the unit is operating fine.

Part 2)
Assuming I send in my DS-125 mentioned above, does it make sense (and is it even possible) to use a DS-125 along with a DS-50 as a second strobe? For the record, I'm shooting using an Ikelite housing for my Nikon D-80 dslr.

Thanks in advance,

Josh

Part 1: The front lens can be replaced. If it as cracks, It would be caused by a chemical reaction from using products like Salt-X. If the lens is scratched, they fill in with water and do not effect anything.
Part 2: No problem mixing types of DS strobes. You will be limited by the recycle time of the DS-50.

Probably a dumb question, but is using a DS-125 that is scratched (or even has tiny cracks) NOT recommended?

Back
Top Bottom