Ikelite housing for Flip HD camcorder?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gombessa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So, what are the chances of having something like this? I think it would be a great low-budget HD video setup. :D

Thanks for the candid response. I do implore you to reconsider; the Flip series cameras seem like a real killer app for inexpensive underwater HD video, and all they really need is a good housing.

I second that. But since they won't reconsider, guess I'll just have to buy a HDR-SR12 instead.

Wanted to say thanks for making me take a look at this camera again. Last year it didn't seem feasible but in the past month we re-evaluated and prototyped this model. I had the pleasure of shooting it in the Southern Bahamas over the first half of August and was absolutely ASTOUNDED by the results. And even more so by how much fun I had shooting it...

So if you're still interested, please check out our product page for the housing coming out this September:
Underwater Housing for Flip Ultra Camcorders

And even if you're not interested, I recommend checking out the trip video. I think you'll be surprised!
Flip UltraHD Sample Footage

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

This looks awesome. Will we be able to use something like the Pro Video Lite 3 instead of just the Pro V8 3? I ask because I'll eventually be going with a full HD camera at some point, and I'd like to only by the lights once, rather than "upgrade" when I get the new housing.

Thanks,
Shawn

Wanted to say thanks for making me take a look at this camera again. Last year it didn't seem feasible but in the past month we re-evaluated and prototyped this model. So if you're still interested, please check out our product page for the housing coming out this September:

Wow! Now that's what I call listening to your customers! Thanks for the fantastic news, Jean! I need to update my shopping list now :wink:

-Kenn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom