Institute of Diving - Museum of Man in the Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rmediver2002

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Last August Beast and I stayed with friends in Panama City for some diving and a tour of the Naval Salvage Yard and other areas on base. What an experience! While we were in PC, we went to the museum. It's amazing all the stuff they have in there.

You are so right, I love to walk through and imagine using some of the gear...

Recently the IOD aquired the land beside the Navy Diving and Salvage Training center and plans are moving forward on construction of a state of the art Marine institute and museum. They are planning to have an IMAX theater and finally room enought to bring some additional equipment out of storage to be put on display.

It is going to be wonderful when it is completed...

Did you get to tour NEDU? The recompression facility and wet chamber are awe inspiring...

My favorite part of the dive school was the polished dive equipment displays on the quarter deck...

Few things I have seen look better to me than a polished MK-V...

polished brass is by far my favorite metal... (of course I still hold a small glimmer of hope that at some point I will come across another golden metal on the bottom...)

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom