Recommendation for El Gouna

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive_Girl_09

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello
Has anyone a recommendation for a dive shop / accommodation in El Gouna? I am looking for a dive shop that offers more personalized excursions and small groups.

I have stayed at the "Arena Inn". Its cheap and has a very good central location to the small "town".. the other resorts are more ecluded on their small "islands"...
Its not a very luxurious hotel, but the staff is nice, tha breakfast sufficent before the diving and the rooms are clean.

I paid only 25EUR per night for a single room, I called the hotel directly.

As for divecenters they are more or less the same but caters for different nationatlities.
If you want someone who speaks German I dived with "Easy Divers", dont know if they still operate though.

Scandinavians tend to go for Colona.

Many nice divesites from EL Gouna because they go a bit further north than the boats leaving from Hurghada. The town is also very "hassle" free. Kins of a closed artificial "Disney Land"/Mini-Dubai feeling (not very Egyptian though...) But nice for a quiet holiday.

A bit more expensive than other places in Egypt, but not too much.

Have a nice stay.

Also: hotels.com - WE KNOW HOTELS INSIDE AND OUT.® can have some good offers for hotels there. All diveshops pick you up in the morning so the only reason to live close to "town" is that you can stroll/walk home after dinner&drinks.

Br
Martin

Hey there.

There are several dive centres in El Gouna and most of them are good. Have a look at my website WELCOME TO AZIAB for details on Egypt, the Red Sea and the diving here. If you want more info you're more than welcome to conntact me.

And by the way, I don't work in any dive centre in El GOuna ;o)

.....a.....

Back
Top Bottom