Lake Ouachita Spearfishing Tournament

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chuck41

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The annual spearfishing tournament for Lake Ouachita, near Hot Springs Arkansas is Saturday, June 20th. Water is warm after a long winter cool snap and the spearfishing season started on Monday 6/15.

Tournament begins at daylight and the weigh-in will be at 5:00 at the Brady Mtn Restaurant. Participants will have to pick up their "chits" between 8:00 and 9:00 at the Lake Ouachita Scuba Center at Brady Mtn dock. For additional information call the Scuba and Archery Center in Hot Springs, Phone (501) 623-7062.

Who won? We saw a guy bring a 50# cat to the dock but he did not enter the tournament. We didn't enter and were just piddling around.

Who won? We saw a guy bring a 50# cat to the dock but he did not enter the tournament. We didn't enter and were just piddling around.
That cat was big. I understand it weighed out at over 60#, but unfortunately they were not entered in the tournament. :shakehead:

There were lots of cats as well as rough fish caught this year, but few walleye and there were NO crappie weighed in this year! I didn't see one all day and that was unusual. Water was murky, but most everyone got fish even if they weren't weighed in.

The biggest cat (47# I think) and also biggest string (3 cats - just under 70#) went to the same guy. Don't remember the name.

There are pictures at my site: Lake Ouachita Arkansas

Back
Top Bottom