SharkPoint LogBook Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avonthediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
does anyone use the SharkPoint logbook Software? if so is it worh the price?

I demo'd it and it is not a bad product, but I think there are others out there that are just as comparable that are either free or half the price. The one thing it does that others don't do is the dive planning (which requires some effort to set up). Other than that, they are all pretty comparable, just different look and feel. I settled on the diving log (divinglog.de) and have been very happy with it. Sven is also very responsive to support issues and feature requests. (There are also a couple of apps that run on the ipod and windows mobile that will sync up with it... and if you need the planning piece, invest in iScubaPlan for a fraction of the price)

Kool thanks for the info! Do you know were I can find and demo for divinlog and do you know what hand held palm's its good for?

Once again Kool and Thanks! maby I'll get my log book into the 21st cen yet!

Shark Point's support is horrible.

If you buy a product, don't count on ever being able to get your data out of it. I bought the Shark Point for Palm OS some years ago, and for years they promised to provide a way to export data. Every 6 months to a year I asked again and either got no response or was told that it was coming.

Finally I got an iPhone and it was clear that the Palm platform was not being developed. I asked support to help me get the data out of it, and was told they no longer even had a Palm to use! It's their own product and they didn't even keep one Palm device?

I was told that they might be able to do something with the .pdb files but no promises. After a couple months, nothing, despite repeated emails.

In the end I had to re-enter all my data by hand into a different program.

I learned my lesson: don't use any dive software that doesn't support import and export or find yourself locked into it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom