How important is your log book?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've only been asked twice to see my log book. Once in Cozumel and once in Tavernier Florida before diving the Speigle Grove.

I don't make log in paper for quite some time now... just download the data from my dive watch (And I have absolutely no idea where is my first logbook! :D)

For me my log book is the most important thing I do after a dive as it's my way of looking back and seeing what i could have done better as well as remmbering the things done right.
I drenched my 1st dive log and almost lost my 1st 10 dives and I did lose almost 10 ta 15 more cause I just did not watch were I put my book! now I'm putting all of my logs in my laptop as well as my paper log! and I have been asked for it a few time, but for the most part not really.
if you plan on doing any more class' you might want to keep at least a small log book.

not as important as i thought it would be when i first started out

but i do like going back and re-reading my entries every once in a while, to help relive those dives

i still keep a logbook, because i am anal, but it's very simple, something like:

5/9/09 -- Blue Spring, :28 @110 ft N32
dove with David, a little narced at the bottom

Last weekend I dove an AL80 with my BPW and 5 mil suit for the first time in 3 years. I only dive steel tanks in OW now unless on vacation. Suit was new. Looking back through my logbook I determined I needed 8lbs of additional weight on the belt. At the end of the dive holding a stop at 6 feet was a breeze. During my instructor exam ow portion I was able to look back almost 4 years and see that with my jacket bc and dry suit with an al80 I needed 24 lbs. Made life easier by having one less thing to worry about. Log is more for my info and reference than anyone else's. My instructor card and before that DM was enough for every op I dove with.

I download the data from my Sensus Ultra after trips and if I've kept track of tank pressures, calculate my current SAC rates. I haven't used the paper log book in a couple of years.

Mine is pretty important to me. That is why I back it up with my other files. On the other hand I don't see the point of a paper logbook with cutesy stamps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom