Nassau Bahamas Dive Operators & Site suggestions - New PADI diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saarthi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,

My first trip to Nassau Bahamas is planned in the beginning of July. I got my license in Cozumel in October and have logged about 12 -15 dives.

Could you please recommend a good dive operator(s) and some beginner / intermediate dive sites accessible from Nassau? Any other tips about the dives, local food / activities etc are also appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards,
Aarthi

Stuart's Cove is a large, popular operator. If you go with them, try to get on a boat with Vivian as the DM. She's a sweetheart.

Thank you for the response. I will be at the Atlantis in Paradise island. Is it easy to get to Nassau from here?

Thank you

Stuart Cove's is on the opposite side of the island but they have a bus service that will pick you up at the hotel and return you after the dives. They will tell you about it when you make your reservations. No worries. Mike's Reef has lots of reef sharks and the Port Nelson wreck is interesting but at 85 feet. There are lionfish on every reef so bring a spear, catch a few (handle very carefully) and bring them to the August Moon Cafe to have them cooked and served for a meal you won't forget! Very tasty!

Thank you for the response. I will be at the Atlantis in Paradise island. Is it easy to get to Nassau from here?

Thank you

I second Stuart's Cove. I've done both snorkeling and diving with them and they're great. You should be able to arrange a dive with them through the Atlantis and a buss will pick you up for about a 30-45min ride to the cove.

They were my first dive, besides my check out dives, when i was certified and it was amazing. Managed to see a pretty big lobster and a carribean reef shark on the second dive.

Perfect. Thank you everyone..

Stuart Cove's is a great operation run with military precision. I did the Shark Adventure dive. I went in with low expectations, frankly I expected it to be pretty cheesy. Reality was quite on the contrary. It was one of my more memorable dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom