Awesome Panama City Dive with Wreck Raiders w/Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GLENFWB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Did some wreck diving off of Panama City yesterday, June 20th. Conditions were OUTSTANDING, boat and captain were first class, best day of diving in the Gulf I have ever had. I will post pictures first and some more details later.

If you want to dive off of Panama City, I would strongly encourage you to call Captain Rod of Wreck Raiders. Panama City Beach Dive Charters - Wreck Raider Diving Charters If you are a spear fisherman....you have to charter with this captain. He will put you on the fish and some great wrecks off the beaten path.

danonbow.jpg

danonwreckwithsmallfish.jpg

bridgeandfish.jpg

bridgefish.jpg

blennybarnacle.jpg

angel.jpg

trigger.jpg

wreckwithrope.jpg

Nice pictures! Conditions definitely looked pretty favorable! :)

GREAT pics, thanks for posting, Glad to hear you had great dives

It was a nice Grouper. Dan, my dive buddy that went with me shot that one. I carried it back to the boat hoping the bull shark would come closer for a picture. We saw a nurse shark and two bull sharks in our four dives.

I am using double strobes, Ikelite DS 51's which aren't the most powerful. I still have to practice spreading them apart more. Although photo one doesn't have great color, it is still one of my favorites.

Nice Grouper!

i really liked photo #1 and #2. Are you using a single strobe?

It was a nice Grouper. Dan, my dive buddy that went with me shot that one. I carried it back to the boat hoping the bull shark would come closer for a picture. We saw a nurse shark and two bull sharks in our four dives.

I am using double strobes, Ikelite DS 51's which aren't the most powerful. I still have to practice spreading them apart more. Although photo one doesn't have great color, it is still one of my favorites.

One sure-fire shark repellent is a camera! Glad you had a good time, and appreciate the great photos (as always).

Those pictures are incredible. I have never been diving in the gulf with those conditions other than the FG's. Was that an inshore trip or offshore?

Thanks....we were about 14 miles out of Panama City. I also have not seen Gulf conditions as good as they were yesterday. I am working on a video right now to post...you can see from the bridge span all the way up to the boat...pretty incredible for the Gulf of Mexico.

Those pictures are incredible. I have never been diving in the gulf with those conditions other than the FG's. Was that an inshore trip or offshore?

Back
Top Bottom