Need Info on Crosby Pit Mines, Minnesota

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

omaha diver

Registered
Reaction score
We are going to be in the Twin Cities over Labor Day and wanted to do a couple of dives. I found Crosby Pit Mines near Crosby Minnesota (Brainerd area)on the internet and it looks interesting. Has anyone gone diving here that could give me some advice on where to go? Visibility relatively good? Sounds like there are several small lakes. Thanks!
Omaha Diver

You may want to look into Wazee Lake, WI (about 2 1/4) south east on Minneapolis.

Wazee Lake is recognized as the deepest inland lake in the state of Wisconsin, with a maximum depth of 355'.Visibility in the lake averages 30-40 feet during the summer months. Water temperatures run from approximately 70 + degrees at the surface to 50+ degrees below the first thermocline. The thermocline depth varies during the summer, but averages about 30 feet. A second thermocline at approximately 60 feet where the temperature drops to a chilly 34 degrees.

There are several groups of fish cribs as well as four dive platforms used by instructors for training new divers. Fish species include rainbow, brook and brown trout, blue gills, suckers, catfish, and small mouth bass.

We rented tanks and weights from Wazee Sports Center, W10120 Hwy. 54 East Black River Falls, WI 54615.

They are online, both the rec area and the dive shop.

Please give a trip report because my wife and I are going the middle of Sept. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom