Diving in Portugal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sel

Registered
Reaction score
Helloo:)
Has anyone dived in Portugal? Is it even a possibility? Never dived in Europe and in dire need of advice! Thanks!!

Hi,

There are many good places to dive in Portugal.

Some of the best places in the mainland are:

Near Lisbon
- Fonte da Telha (+- 50km Lisbon); ++
- Sesimbra (+- 50km Lisbon); +++

Center of Portugal
- Peniche (+- 150km from Lisbon); ++++

South of Portugal
- Vila Nova Milfontes (in Alentejo, +- 150km from Lisbon); ++

- Sagres (in Alvarge, south, +- 300km from Lisbon); +++
- Faro (in Algarve, south, +- 300km from Lisbon); ++
- Tavira (in Algarve, south, +- 300km from Lisbon); ++

and many other places in Alvarge, like Portimão, etc ...

Some of the best places in the world to dive, are the Azores and Madeira Islands ... don't know if your going there, but any island is good to dive. +++++

You can have all contacts from the diving centers in:
http://www.scubaportugal.com

Hi

I will be arriving in Portugal this upcoming weekend, and will try diving there for the first time. I am used to diving in cold water being Canadian and diving here all through the winter and I am planning on bringing my dry suit for the trip.

I love to dive ship wrecks. Where are the best ship wrecks to dive in southern Portugal?

I am planning on going to Vila Nova de Milfontes as I will be staying 30 minutes from there. Diving out of there, is there anything interesting to see when diving?

I may also go to a couple places in the Algarve. Where should I go for the best diving? I was thinking possibly going to Sagres and Albufeira.

Thanks

BigAlex

In Algarve you'd better go to Faro. They have a sunken ship as artificial reef which is nice to dive, as well as other artificial reefs (made from concret, as an academic experiment). You can contact HIDROESPAÇO - http://www.hidroespaco.com/

Sagres is also nice to dive, and hidroespaço will take you there as well.

In Lisbon area you might want to dive in Sesimbra where you can find a sunken cargo "River Gurara". All dive centers in the area will take you there.

If you need more info, just send me an Email.

Cheers

Sue

Oh btw

if you're trimix certified you'll have a brand new wreck to dive in the Lisbon area: last week a cargo ship sunk in Cascais, and she's laying at 100 meters!

Sue

Sue

Left you a personal message through this board regarding additional info.

Back
Top Bottom