PADI Enriched Air Knowledge Reviews

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gbone78

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

Does anybody have a PDF or DOC version of the enriched air knowledge reviews? I'm using a book that has the knowledge reviews ripped out of them....

Thanks!

PADI typically makes the students rip out and turn in the knowledge reviews so they can sell new students the same book. It's a pretty lame practice in my opinion. *rant over*

That is not a PADI teaching standard. The standard is that each student is to have "new" training materials. Some instructors will request copies (or the torn out pages) of the completed knowledge reviews.

To copy or scan and send someone pages of any PADI materials is probably an infringement of their copyright, as well as a quick way to a run in with the agency.

Last edited:
PADI typically makes the students rip out and turn in the knowledge reviews so they can sell new students the same book. It's a pretty lame practice in my opinion. *rant over*

How is it lame? Enriched air diver is one of the books that should be in your library for future reference. In countries outside the U.S., PADI has already instituted that instructors must apply for a pic to certify a student, because, they were using the same books over and over, charging the student the same regardless, and pocketing the money. I include materials with all my courses for the same fee for that reason. Right now, I can purchase my materials through a shop cheaper than on my own and pass those savings on to the student. If it gets to the point where folks want to get an old book from someone else for a dollar and PADI America decides unless you buy at member price you don't get the pic, then the future students suffer. Ask an instructor from Thailand about obtaining pics. You should really know what the entire story is before "ranting" about it.

How is it lame? Enriched air diver is one of the books that should be in your library for future reference. In countries outside the U.S., PADI has already instituted that instructors must apply for a pic to certify a student, because, they were using the same books over and over, charging the student the same regardless, and pocketing the money. I include materials with all my courses for the same fee for that reason. Right now, I can purchase my materials through a shop cheaper than on my own and pass those savings on to the student. If it gets to the point where folks want to get an old book from someone else for a dollar and PADI America decides unless you buy at member price you don't get the pic, then the future students suffer. Ask an instructor from Thailand about obtaining pics. You should really know what the entire story is before "ranting" about it.

Frankly I don't care what *you* claim the "entire story" is. PADI is a monopolistic pig of an agency selling unknowing individuals garbage for a premium price. How's that for a rant?

Frankly I don't care what *you* claim the "entire story" is. PADI is a monopolistic pig of an agency selling unknowing individuals garbage for a premium price. How's that for a rant?

Didn't we just go over this?

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ne...g/288994-can-you-borrow-crewpack-padi-ow.html

And I said:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ne...ou-borrow-crewpack-padi-ow-2.html#post4479407

For those who are reading impared or don't wish to wade through the other post, the point I brought up was that PADI doesn't teach scuba diving. Independent shops and indepenent instructors do that. PADI is a company that make it's money by selling training materials and most of their training materials are very good. Some of their policies leave much to be desired, however...

No worries then, as you are free to believe and espouse your view as well, however, I happen to be aware of all the cost associated with a course as that's what I do. I am very happy you have found an agency that meets your desires and can assure you that PADI will not suffer from your lack of support. PADI does not control what I charge for a course, nor do they recommend a fee for a course. They sell me materials and certification cards, I decide what to charge for the class. P.S. might want to brush up on the definition of a monopoly. Have a nice day.

We put the original Knowledge Reviews in the student folder as part of the record of training. We make copies of the KR to give to the student for their own use.

It has nothing to do with money. It's about keeping records of training and using original documentation from the student materials.

Didn't we just go over this?

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ne...g/288994-can-you-borrow-crewpack-padi-ow.html

And I said:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ne...ou-borrow-crewpack-padi-ow-2.html#post4479407

For those who are reading impared or don't wish to wade through the other post, the point I brought up was that PADI doesn't teach scuba diving. Independent shops and indepenent instructors do that. PADI is a company that make it's money by selling training materials and most of their training materials are very good. Some of their policies leave much to be desired, however...

No "we" didn't just go over that. You may have, but I didn't participate in that thread.

Back
Top Bottom