Best Oahu dive operation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dannyh

Reaction score
I'm a new diver going to both Oahu and Kona for 5 days each. Can I get recomendations on the best dive operations there?

I don't know that I can say what operator is "best" since I just returned from my first dive experience on Oahu, but I can tell you that I used Deep Ecology in Haleiwa (on the North Shore, about a 45 min drive from Waikiki). I was pleased with the service they provided. On two of the three days I dove, I was the only one getting the guided tour - just me and the DM/Instructor. I did all shore dives at Firehouse and Shark's Cove, including one night dive. They also run boat dives. They have an 800 number you can call - talk to Pat (shop opens for business at 9am...Hawaii is 3 hours behind West Coast time) or you can fill out a booking request at the web site.

Can't help you with Kona since I haven't done any diving there.

FWIW, Deep Ecology was recommended to me by a local diver.

I can recommend Ocean Concepts on Oahu and Jacks on the Big Island...do their night Manta dive!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom