Which reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NZ diver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi all,

I need to get a new second stage and are considering either an Oceanic Delta 4 or an Aqua Lung Titian LX.

Does anybody have any opinions on which is better?

Thanks

IMHO The Delta 4. I dive with one and it is among the best at any price. The fact that it is heavily discounted since the EOS was introduced and took over Oceanic's top reg slot doesn't hurt any either.

Hi all,

I need to get a new second stage and are considering either an Oceanic Delta 4 or an Aqua Lung Titian LX.

Thanks

Scubapro S600:D

The Titan LX second stage is internally identical to the Al Legend and the Apeks second stages. Having dived both the Delta 4, and the Titan LX, my choice would be the Titan LX.

Last edited:
Of the two you gave, I'd go with the Titan LX, I've been using one for the past year and have been happy with it.

Hi all,

Thanks

This is typically one of those questions that will elicit a series of responses from people recommending what they own and possibly bad-mouthing things that they don't own and have probably never used.

That said.... I have had very good experiences with the Aqualung. I don't know anything about the Delta 4 besides what you can read on the internet. One major difference would appear to be that the Aqualung second stage is balanced (ie no need for a cracking adjustment) and the Delta 4 accomplishes the task with a cracking adjuster.

You'll probably find the performance comparable for the most part but once again I only have real-world experience with the Aqualung.

If you're also thinking about replacing your 1st stage then I would recommend the Aqualung based on feedback I've heard from a friend of mine who is a regulator tech. He says from a maintenance point of view that the Aqualungs are the least problematic regs he's worked on.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom