weight belt vs. weight in BC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kat.hayes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Is there any reason to use a weigh belt if you can get a BC that allows you to put weights directly into the BC?

Thanks.

bc with weights is the way to go and no if you get a bc with weight pockts you do not need a weight belt

i'd have to agree that integrated is the best.. the weight belt also hurt my hip bones bc it was so heavy for me

Doesn't matter. Either configuration WILL.

KILL.

YOU.

Nah, sometimes you're wearing 40#, so if your BC will only hold 20# ditchable, you've got to find places to fit the rest. I can fit the rest of mine in my wing; some people like a weight belt.

Weight is weight.

If you have, say, 10 kg in your bc and you hand your gear up to the boat crew before boarding, as is the procedure on many boats, they will curse you under their breath as their backs strain. If you split it between the vest and a weightbelt, it will be more manageable for them and you. On some bcs, a lot of weight might strain the velcro, although I think bc design has moved to more secure fasteners. On my ScubaPro Classic Plus, the weight pockets were pretty easy to ditch, but a belt would be easier.

bc with weights is the way to go

:confused: And why do you think this exactly?

I think it is personal preference really. They both have their pros and cons that people can weigh up and see what they prefer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom