What Cable TV Shows/Channels do you watch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aggressor Adventures

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am looking for as much feedback as possible for what Cable TV shows and channels (not ABC, CBS, NBC) you watch on a regular basis. We have started a National TV campaign and want to target the most watched channels and shows by active divers as possible.

Thanks for your time as targeting a specific sport such as Scuba Diving on TV is proving hard to determine outside of your typical stats of: gender, age, income.

Discovery Channel, History Channel, Science Channel, The Military Channel ... and way back it used to be TLC but that was before their programing changed to "reality TV" type stuff (WTH happened to them and their programing???)

Travel Channel, Discovery Channel, TLC, and Food Network. :D

Absolutely run an ad on Travel Channel, you would really hit your target audience there. Half the ads on there during primetime especially are for Carnival cruises, NCL and Royal Caribbean cruises, Beaches resorts, Bahamas tourism, Jamaica tourism, Belize tourism, Puerto Rico tourism... and all of them show a little scuba diving in addition to promos of the hotels, etc.
Discovery and TLC would also be good choices as those networks have "adventure" shows.

Even though I have a cable TV show of my own, I don't have cable. If I did, I'm sure I'd be watching the Discovery Channel and National Geographic with PBS thrown into the mix. Male, 62, income too low to mention (Alert Diver magazine referred to me as "the lowest paid Harvard graduate ever.")

Discovery, HDTHR, Science, TLC.

Discovery, History, History International, Military, National Geographic, Science, and PBS (which may not apply to your question if you are talking about advertising). Oh, and how could I forget Whale Wars on Animal Planet.

Art

About the same as the others but I haven't seen anyone mention NatGeo yet - I will watch that one as well.:)

edit: nvm. Art just mentioned it.

None, TV rots your brain - I'd much rather go dive:D

best way to reach me is through NPR Radio, adds on scubaboard or e-mail.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom