Insight problem?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DAVECOBRA

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I purchaced an Insight DC in Nov. 07 and have logged appox. 25 dives. I am a new diver and took my AOW class this past weekend. When I was reveiwing my dive logs I noticed that the date and times were WAY OFF. (set to 2006) My previous dive was a month before and everything for that log is correct. What could have happened to change these settings. Shame on me for not noticing this before my last dives, but with being new to diving and focusing on the AOW class work. I never thought to check the time and date. All other aspects worked in regards to the dives themselves. Has anyone else experianced this problem? Should I trust this DC on future dives? Dave

I also want ot add that I had the battery changed and an annual check of all my equipt in Feb. by my LDS. Dave

Dave,

Everytime the battery is changed the computer date and time needs to be reset. I am guessing that the dealer didn't reset those at the time of the service and that is why you have different dates. Sounds like the computer is performing as intended. I don't see any reason, why to not to trust the Insight.

Sherwood Scuba Rep.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom