Marsa Alam trip report (sort of)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

300bar

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Just came back from a trip to Marsa Alam.

As a frequent Red Sea diver (Hurghada,Sharm,Dahab and Nuaiba,we needed someting else.
I just don't like liveaboards,:no:
So Marsa Alam it was.
It was LOW saison,must have been,cause no one was around(tourist/diver wise)
We had the boats for our selfs most of the time.:D

I'm not gonna give a day to day dive report (go for your self and find out)

But we did have a great time.Saw lots of GIANT turtles,rays and shark.

We stayed at the Marina Lodge Hotel.Normaly a mostly British place.(they came in when we left)

The Lodge is a 4* (Egyptian stars) hotel but we found it to be a very good place.
Nice,clean rooms,clean beds and bathroom.mini bar and a functioning airco.(that's a new one)

The surroundings are still under construction but you won't notice it (noise wise) Downside is you have to be there asap,it's gonna be BIG soon.

Best thing was the Dive center is on the premesis,so you just get out of bed,have a (well supplied) breakfast and roll on the boats.

http://www.emperordivers.com/marsa_hotel1.php is the dive op. a good and safe dive op.IMO
All gear was well taken care of,crew is very friendly and (over)helpfull.They even put on your fins.:D
Briefings are amoung the better ones I ever seen.
DM's could have done a better job during the dives IMO.But we didn't make use of them for our trip.(the ms.and I that is)

Also the boat are very clean (even the heads)

Divesites are all quite close,30 mins.to 1 hour for most sites.(in Hurghada most sites are atleast 1 hour away)

Food and drinks are cheap.3 euro's for all you can drink.(water and soda's) 5 euro's including (a good) lunch.

Only down side was the selling of extra trips.(elphinestone,dolphin house and even the Thisselgorm)

Fun thig for us was we did a ALL INCLUSIVE this time.Besides the "dogtag"they give you on your wrist,it's well worth it.
Ok,it's as decadent as it gets but when you get a free drink,food,watertaxi,beach access,roomservice ticket all the way untill midnight,it saves a lot of $$$$

If you want to have a good (diving) time this is one of the better places to stay.
Non divers should love the beach,there's just NOTHING else to do.

We will definatly go back next year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom