From Singapore to Dahab

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

theunraveler

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,

This might be a strange question but I am planning a dive trip to Dahab with friends and I was just wondering how do I get to Dahab? Singapore Airlines has flight into Cairo, so I figure we need to take a domestic flight to Dahab or can we travel by other modes of transport?

Also from Dahab, how far is it to exotic locations like the Bells, Blue Hole etc? Ideally how much do we need in USD?

Fly to Cairo then either a flight to Sharm (about 80 euros) or go by bus (about 10euros and takes 9 hours).

Dahab is 1hr from sharm by taxi (and taxi costs about 150LE a journey).

Blue Hole and Canyon are about 10 mins north by truck (nearly all diving her is by truck). All dive sites are within 20 mins or so truck journey except Ras Abu Galum (90mins via camel north) or Gabr El Bint (1hr south on big dayboat).

Once here you'll pay about 70 or so LE for a meal and drink. Diving prices depend on what kit you need.
Bring LE for day to day stuff and bring euros to pay for diving. Dont bother with USD.

Thanks for the heads up!

Ideally how much do we need per person? Say if we do all the popular dive spots. Do we need to hire a dive guide or will it be free and easy?

CDWS rules state all dives must be guided so it'll be guided groups. You dont need to pay extra for a private guide (unless you really want to). Groups wil be small - especially as the town is completely dead at the moment and most centres have 2-3 dives per day max.
Prices about €40-€50 for a standard 2 dive day. Equipment rental €20 a day on top of that. Roughly anyway, obviously each centre is slightly different. Depends on how much diving you want to do and what experience levels you are etc as to how much its going to cost.
If you need full gear expect to pay €65 or so a day in total. Im guessing 3 days or more is worthwhile given the sites.

Prices start at 50 Euro (more or less) per day (2 dives). For packages of 3 days (6 dives) or more, expect something around 125 Euro. For full gear add around 20 Euro per day.

There's also a variety of dive safaris to protected areas north and south of Dahab. These cost more than the usual dive sites of Dahab. If you want more info, drop me a line (email address below).

So all dives must be guided? Cant we just rent the gear and go diving at our own leisure?

And also what is the best time of the year to go? Whats the season like over there?

Yes dives must be guided.

August is very good IMHO, very hot though.
When would be the worse time to go? I am also curious about which time of the year when there is least amount of tourists going to Dahab for diving?

What about the seasons in Dahab?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom