Genoa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Conor

Reaction score
I'm off to Genoa for a wedding in a few weeks and may be able to get in a days diving.

Anyone got any tips ? I'll be there Friday 27th

The Portofino area is great for diving, any centre around Genova will provide boats there, usually one in the morning and one in the afternoon, some do daytrips.

Abyss in Rapallo (www.abyssdiving.it) is certainly a good choice.

If you are more into tech try to find someone taking you to the Haven.

Thanks for that.

I think we are going to have a day in Portofino, so I may just bring my computer and log book and see what I find (not worth bringing all the gear for a day). I take it there is no language barrier issue ? I'm very bad at languages so I have to hope that the guides speak English.

I wouldn't count too much on people speaking good English, some do get by but that's about all.

I have no problems because I'm an Italian native-speaker.

I'll try and find an english speaking centre then (if possible), Imet a DM from Genoa recently at a party who I believe will be at the wedding, so I may see if I can track her down and see what centre she works out of.

Out of curiousity, how many languages do you speak ? So far I know you have English and Italian are there any others?

I'm always amazed by people who have languages

Uhm, let's see: Italian is my mother-tongue, English, French, German, some Spanish, some Dutch and a very low-profile knowledge of Japanese.

I intend on starting either Finnish, Swedish or Russian in the near future.

I'm impressed, I can barely speak English.

I am one of these people who loves to travel but can't pick up languages so I always have to find English speakers to communicate with.

Actually the wedding is for an Italian girl and a French guy and their only common language is English, its going to be quite a multi-national/lingual occasion

Thanks

Conor

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom