Emergency Ascent Spreadsheet (xls)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Web Monkey

Omniheurist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Does anybody have a link to the emergency ascent spreadsheet?

It was used to model ascents with various size tanks (ponies, spare air, etc.). I googled it, but come up with an xls file that doesn't seem to contain anything.

Terry

What is it? What does it contain? Who wrote it? What does it "model"?

Do you mean calculations for rock-bottom, Terry?

R..

Do you mean calculations for rock-bottom, Terry?

R..

It calculated ascents using various size pony bottles/SAC rates, etc.

It's not the rock bottom sheet, it was a different one.

Terry

Well, this one (which IndyDiver posted on Scuba Toys) shows ascent rates independently of the total rock bottom and shows psi results for different volume thanks at the same time, but you have to modify the SAC value for each run (there is no SAC/volume matrix).

Attachments

• Rock_Bottom_Calculator.xls
    29.5 KB · Views: 132
Well, this one (which IndyDiver posted on Scuba Toys) shows ascent rates independently of the total rock bottom and shows psi results for different volume thanks at the same time, but you have to modify the SAC value for each run (there is no SAC/volume matrix).

The one I was looking for compared a spare-air with various size cylinders to show where the diver would run out of air.

I actually found it on SB here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/at...647d1130177266-spare-air-emergency-ascent.xls But it seems to be broken (I just get an empty document).

Terry

Not being one of the in-crowd on this thread I've been trying to work out what it was about. Now I understand I find it rather worrying. If you CAN'T easily work this out for yourself then IMO you shouldn't be diving until you have more training.

And always remember that SAC is only approximate given the assumptions it's based on. In a stressful situation your consumption will rocket past any value predicted by your calculations.

Not being one of the in-crowd on this thread I've been trying to work out what it was about. Now I understand I find it rather worrying. If you CAN'T easily work this out for yourself then IMO you shouldn't be diving until you have more training.

And always remember that SAC is only approximate given the assumptions it's based on. In a stressful situation your consumption will rocket past any value predicted by your calculations.

:rofl3:

See Terry,you need some more training.:shocked:

:rofl4:

I said "if". Are you confirming for him that he can't work it out for himself?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom