Sharks!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where can i find tigersharks in the redsea ?

I think you can find them anywhere in the Red Sea- as in most tropical and temperate waters. I don't think it is considered a rare shark.

However, I don't think you can easily find a Tiger shark- more probably he will find you, and you must be very lucky to see one

So don't get disappointed if you come especially and don't get to see a single shark whatsoever- most dive sites are still amazing regardless of shark's scarcity.

In some places you'll have more chances to see a shark (not year round but rather on a specific season): in Tiran you may see a few Hammerheads, in places like Elphinstone you may get a chance to meet Oceanic White Tips, and in quite a lot of places some small Black tip reef sharks. With luck, a Whale shark. Just don't expect for something like Cocos or Galapagos :wink:

the last two dives to trani island they have seen hammerheads

yes i saw a huge tigershark in south redsea (Halk eisaa in abu ramad )but it was dead:D has no jaw and fins too. sharkhunters kill sharks for it jaws and fins.... SoSad:).

A have never seen a shark in my hole diving career :) 90 % off my dives a have spent in Belgium and the Netherlands so no suprise there that the chances to spot a shark would be rather slim.

I have always heard that a tiger shark should be more agressive than the great white.

So should i be aware when a spot a tiger shark ?

Last edited:
My mate just called me and told me he saw a tiger shark on the north plateau of Elphinstone. Around 07:30 this morning. It was cirkling around for a few minutes then swam off and came back for some more posing for cameras. I'll get pictures next week and then I'll put some here as well... Wicked!

I have one friends who've seen them around; one at Abu Hashish in the Hurghada area, one on Tiran, one at Shaab Sheer in Safaga and one in St. John's. I think it's got more to do with luck than geography.

If you have to be worried... I don't see why... Don't stick any body parts into its mouth and you should be fine. Sharks are not aggressive.

....a....

Last edited:
A couple of years ago there were reports of three tigers around Sharm but as far as I know no one has seen them for the last two years.
We are getting loads of hammerheads around Jackson and I have heard reports of Oceanic Whitetips in the Tiran area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom