Dive Video - USS Massachusetts on 7/4/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the Mass, more features than most of the offshore dives in the area and its shallow enough for most people to dive on it with an AL80 for enough time to lap the boat several times.

I am always amazed at how much life is on that ship, I can't wait to go back myself, and leave the speargun behind!

The Mass is an awesome dive when the vis is great. But when it turns to poo a reel is nice (along with all that no vis training) :D

Even when the viz has turned to poo you can always find a few spots on the Mass that have awesome viz, usually behind the turrets! We dove on it last week and one diver aborted within minutes, I was down over an hour behind the turrets shooting black snapper in 10-15 feet of viz.

The music on your USS Mass Video... Is that Agent Orange?

XRay, Recharge and I rolled on the Mass on our way back in from the offshore dives. Viz started out great, but quickly turned to poo. It was my first dive on the Mass, so I was excited to cross another spot off my list. Next time I'll leave the gun and just take the camera.

USS Massachusetts (BB-59) on Vimeo

You should rename your video, the Massachusetts you dove was BB-2, BB-59 is afloat in Fall River Mass at Battleship Cove.

LOL

Yeah, it looks a tad grander than the turn of the century hulk on the bottom of the mouth of P'Cola pass...

USSMassachusetts.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom