Octopus on the Oriskany

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seadoggirl

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
octopus 037.jpg

I have spent the last several weeks building trust with this Octopus on the Oriskany. She is a huge fan of blue crabs but I didn't have any this past weekend so I tried to find something else that she would like. I took some shrimp and some fish. I tried both but find that she really didn't want the fish. She hate them but she wasn't turning the pretty colors that she turns when she eats blue crabs. Then I gave her the shrimp and she loved those.

I think it is really fun to make friends with indigenous marine life. However, I give this thread maybe three or four more posts before somebody flames you for feeding marine life.

:popcorn:

These are pictures of her coming out of the pipe that she stays in. The colors are not great in my little camera but you can see her pretty little nose.

BTW - for those who dive on other boats - other than the one I generally hang out on - she is on the pipe beside the smoke stack. There are two pipes right beside each other. One points straight and one is pointing down. She is in the down pipe. Go visit - she's great!

The pictures are great, where is the one with you holding out your ungloved hand so it can touch you?

I'm having trouble doing anything else while taking pictures. You are assuming that I am much more organized underwater than I am. I forgot the camera that day. Dang!

awesome! Im sure the octo appreciates it.

Wow!!! Some amazing pics Lisa!!

Back
Top Bottom