Simple Question on Acronyms

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Michelle's Guy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Reading through the different threads I find them to be filled with acronyms. I can usually figure them out by context or by putting them in Google. I know that CCR has to do with rebreathers, but I have been unable to find exactly what it stands for in the last 30 minutes searching. Is there a good place on Scubaboard to look up diving acronyms? :confused:

Closed-circuit rebreather, but part of me thinks "Creedence" whenever I see that. :wink:

Yeah, I'm a little too young to be a true fan, but not young enough to be oblivious to them. It'd be nice to be that young, but then I'd probably have to listen to what passes for music these days.

By the way, Michelle's Guy, a google search for "ccr rebreather" got me the answer in 0.25 seconds--you could have saved 29 minutes and 59.75 seconds. Not that I mind the easy one though. :wink:

I searched CCR diving. Found lots of rebreather stuff but not the answer. Oh, well. BTW I never thought about Creedence Clearwater Revival and I'm 52. I had one of their albums.

Thanks for the help. Don't you think an acronym list would be good?

and your age starts to tell on you.

Hey! I always think that, too and I promise you that I am young enough not to know them at all (which would be a shame).

Ah yes, "Those who Love Acronyms."

What about ROUS?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom