Looking for dive buddies in Melbourne metro area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi there, I am a 47 year old male who is new to scuba diving. I am hoping to find a few diving buddies in my area who would like to do a few peir or shore dives around Port Phillip Bay area. After I build up my confidence a little, I would like to try a few boat dives.
cheers,
Glenn H.

Just seen your post. I lived on the Mornington Peninsula area for while and met loads of dive buddiesd through local dive shops that arranged all the trips. Made some good friends that enabled me to go off with them and do our own thing. So I recommend get in touch with a few local stores and see what trips and social club they run.

Nearly all have a social dive club associated with them

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Discount dive travel to the Barrier Reef and Coral Sea - live aboard and day trips.

Cairns Discount Scuba Diving Trips - Great Barrier Reef

Hi Glen,

Would recommend the club dives on Sundays through Harbour Dive in Mornington. John, Cathy and Mel run a great dive centre and the sunday outings are usually to a local shore dive spot. Great if you want to get in the water regularly and don't have a buddy to do it with.

contact abocean divers

i used to dive with them and think they are the beez kneez, i do all my diving in wa now but when i get back i will be hanging out with abocean divers

Agree with previous posters about joining a local club. You'll meet lots of people, find club events, and dive buddies galore. Also, you can probably just turn up at Dive Vic, and find yourself a buddy on the boat: I've done this half a dozen times with no problem.

Back
Top Bottom