Spearfishing the Savannah Snapper Banks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divejax

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Guys the viz is great (40-50") offshore here and we are going diving every weekend until the tropical storms come in.
Come join us for a two tank dive for $125.00 & includes air tank.

Here's some pictures from this weeks diving....

Tania sporting her first grouper! Depth 70' feet viz 50 feet!

070109snapper2.jpg

20+ pound snapper I shot out at the Savannah Snapper Banks.

070109snapper1.jpg

More on face book...

Login | Facebook

You could see 40-50 inches and that is considered great? :). Just kidding. Man those look like some great fish. I hope to get my advanced card this week end; after that I will have to give you a call.

All Good folks. plenty of fish on the reefs despite the naysayers. I promise you that!.

Here's a few events and a press release of sorts about us and our recent endevors....

Hey Guys -

It's your old pal Capt. Bob here and I want to let you know that my sweet girlfriend Tania and I now own Atlantic Pro Divers on Jax Beach, Fla.

For those who may not already know, I have relocated from GA to Jax Beach, FL. Yup, I'm in Gator Country! ...where the wine & the women are free! The beach scene rocks & the diving is awesome here! We run charters offshore Jax with not one, but TWO world class dive boats...the NATIVE DIVER, a very comfortable 34' Crusader run by Capt. Steve, and of course, the STRIKE EAGLE, my very fast 30' Contender. Capt Steve's Dad, Ozzie, was one of the first scuba instructors in Florida! Capt. Steve has been running charters in Florida for 35 years and is the most reputable dive charter captain in the area. ASK ANYONE! A partnership such as the one created here in Jacksonville cannot be anything but a winner. Two captains with 25 & 35 years experience on the first coast working together, my cute (and smart!) girl doing the marketing, the BEST service tech on the coast, factory trained to repair most every brand, creates a synergy unseen in the dive industry!

Tania and I are proud to take over the reins from Capt. Steve. Check out http://www.divejax.com for more details.

As we all know, there has been a lot of strife in the local scuba community. Consequently, we are of the opinion that it would be best for all of us here on the first coast to bury the hatchet and have some fun diving together once again. After all, isn't that what it's all about? That said, we are offering FREE fills to all Blackbeard's Scuba Club members who charter our boats!

A little about APD...

Capt. Bob Bunkley is the founder of Savannah' largest dive club and Scuba shop. He is also a USCG Licensed 100T Master Captain, NAUI instructor TRAINER & Course Director in training and retired Senior Engineer from Gulfstream Aerospace Corp. Capt. Bob has over 25 years diving & spearfishing experience.

Tania is an AVID spearfisherwoman (trained by the master) and an active member of LadyGaDivers spearfishing club whos members include some of the worlds top spearfisherwomen. OH YEAH

Andrew Freidriksen is APD's Senior Service Engineer with nearly 10 years experience repairing most major makes & brands of scuba gear. With that said, Andrew literally puts your gear under a microscope.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom