Looking for a Dive Shop around Lake Lanier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lone Frogman

Amphibious
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I'm looking for the closest dive shop to Lake Lanier Island, need air fills. From Lake Lanier I will be traveling north on I85 to SC state line.
Thanks

I'm looking for the closest dive shop to Lake Lanier Island, need air fills. From Lake Lanier I will be traveling north on I85 to SC state line.
Thanks

I have heard of this shop(see link). Never been there,but they might do fills. It should be about 15 minutes away from lake lanier islands.

Learn To Dive

If you do not mind me asking, where are you headed too? I might have some other suggestions for you.

Last edited:
Dave,there is one in Oakwood off mcever road,I forget the name but it is about 15 minutes from ll islands. There are a few shops near lake Joccasse,you pass them on the way. Tonys link was the shop I was referring to,there is also one near Hog mountain near there but do not know exactly where it is. I need to go get a fill for this weekends dive at Westbank,stop in and dive with us if you get a chance.

I'm headed to Jocassee from LLIsland. I called All about Diving, they are going to be closed this Friday. Bill at Off the Wall was going to be busy on Friday so I wasn't able to use him till Friday night. I was breaking down my doubles and seen that the VIP was also due. So I called my LDS owner, he is closed on Wed. But, he said he would open up at 5pm for me to fill 4 of my tanks and VIP the two that needed it and fill them. That's good service. Very poor plannning on my part. My LDS to the rescue!

Mark
I'm comming back on Sunday. How long are you all going to be at WestBank?

Until the last diver leaves!

I'm headed to Jocassee from LLIsland. I called All about Diving, they are going to be closed this Friday. Bill at Off the Wall was going to be busy on Friday so I wasn't able to use him till Friday night. I was breaking down my doubles and seen that the VIP was also due. So I called my LDS owner, he is closed on Wed. But, he said he would open up at 5pm for me to fill 4 of my tanks and VIP the two that needed it and fill them. That's good service. Very poor plannning on my part. My LDS to the rescue!

That is some great service by your LDS.

FYI.

In case you need fills on the way to lanier. :D Sometimes the Scuba shop(other charter group on Jocassee) will fill tanks between dive runs out on Jocassee. They have a pull behind trailer in the beach area of the parking lot where they meet their divers at. They also have a trailer(single wide) past the boat ramps on the right, with another tow able trailer with the wheels off they keep their compressor in..

I have had troubles getting fills a few times on Jocassee. :shocked2:

Scuba Shop Spartanburg SC      

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom