Scubapro Seaglider

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My father-in-law gave me his old Seaglider and it has been in his garage for several years with out use. The battery is shot and I am looking for a replacement. Where can I find a 12 volt battery and extra parts for this machine?

Check the old battery for any markings, measure it, and then check some of the battery websites or a local battery store to find a match. Odds are it uses a standard size SLA (sealed lead acid) battery and you should be able to find exactly the same thing for about a quarter of what SP would get though you may have to solder a connector from the old battery on to the new one.

The other parts you will have to get from your Scubapro dealer. The motor is made for them, best I can recall, by MinnKota, but it is a special motor made just for SP, and SP has never sold individual parts for it - if the seal or brushes go, the only cure is to buy a new motor, for about $500! A good trolling motor repair shop, though, may be able to repair it using parts from other Minnkotas.

My father-in-law gave me his old Seaglider and it has been in his garage for several years with out use. The battery is shot and I am looking for a replacement. Where can I find a 12 volt battery and extra parts for this machine?

Back
Top Bottom