Florida Cave Instructors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lurch

Registered
Reaction score
I am planning to head to Florida some time this winter and want to do my Cavern/Intro cave course. Can I get some references of some instructors down that way and what agency they are affiliated with. Thanks

Don't worry about what agency the instructor is with, whether it be IANTD, GUE, NACD, or NSS. Just pick the instructor that you want to do the course with.

I like Jill Heinerth. check out www.scubawest.net.

I second Wendy's recomendation of Jill Heinerth, or her husband Paul Heinerth.

They can certify the cave courses by NSS-CDS, and NACD, and I think IANTD.

Just call Scuba West (727.863.6911) and ask for Jill or Paul.

Rose Meadows at Ginnie. She's a good one.

Rod Metcalf at Ginnie.
He should be a Drill Sargent, maybe he was.
I learned and retained more from cavern "boot camp" than all other training combined.

Rick Murcar is who I used.
He will work to your schedule and is one of the most detailed instuctors I know. As you may Know attention to detail is Important. He can prep you mentally and build your confidance.
His web site is www.genisisdiving.com. He has logged over 10,000 dives to date.

After just completing Cave 1 with him, I would highly reccommend David Rhea with GUE. His diving resume speaks for itself. Just my .02 worth.

I've completed both Cave 1 and Cave 2 and have signed up for Cave 3 with David Rhea.

He is GUE's Cave Training Director, WKPP Training Coordinator, former NACD Training Director etc. etc. Besides that he is also a nice guy.

Best,
Peter Steinhoff

Yet another vote for David Rhea.

My vote would be for Larry Green... not my cave instructor (that was JJ)... but he was my trimix instructor and I have watch him teach cavern through full cave over the years.

Good guy, lots of practical experience and one of the pioneers.

His Web Site

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom