H20insurance for equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robertcrockett

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Not sure if this is the right place for this but it didnt seem to fit in the accidents/incidents forum:

:confused:Has anyone had any experience with the DAN recommended H20insurance for equipment? It seems like a good deal, i was quoted 113.00 a year to insure $4000.00 worth of gear for baggage loss, accidental damage, theft...worldwide with a 100.00 deductable/250.00 deductable for water damage.

But mama always said if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.:no:

So has anyone ever had to use this insurance and if so tell me your story:coffee:

It's secondary insurance, you may do better with a rider on a homeowners or renters policy.

I think that I would trust DAN rather than a household insurance plan although DAN is probably hooked up with one rather than footing the bill themselves. The advantage would be that you are backed by a fairly powerful advocacy group. Sort of like NRA firearms insurance.

I have all of my UW photography equipment covered by the DAN insurance. My first trip out, one of my $700 strobes flooded. The estimate to fix it was $300 and the "flooded equipment" deductible was $250. I submitted the claim and was quickly contacted by a claims rep. I asked the rep if it would be possible to have a new replacement unit instead of a repaired one. She said, " No problem" and that was that. They sent me a check for $450 within ten days of the claim. The contact and communications was excellent and the whole claims process was very easy.

Not sure if this is the right place for this but it didnt seem to fit in the accidents/incidents forum:

:confused:Has anyone had any experience with the DAN recommended H20insurance for equipment? It seems like a good deal, i was quoted 113.00 a year to insure $4000.00 worth of gear for baggage loss, accidental damage, theft...worldwide with a 100.00 deductable/250.00 deductable for water damage.

But mama always said if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.:no:

So has anyone ever had to use this insurance and if so tell me your story:coffee:

There are several factors in this equation:

1) How much gear to do you own? If it's several sets or you are into u/w photog this number can be higher than most household policies will cover without a special rider, if at all.
2) Where do you dive? If you only dive in your home country, no problem. But anywhere else will not be covered by your homeowner's policy.
3) How often do you dive? This kind of goes back to #1, as people who dive more often usually progress to the point where they own a lot of their own gear.

Basically, as Dive Pros who do a lot of u/w photog all around the world, we opted for D.E.P.P. coverage Innovative Programs Group, Inc.. We especially like the fact that we can pick & choose what items to cover for all perils, flood, etc. Their prices are very reasonable & their customer service excellent.

JMHO,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom