Nice/Monaco

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave1981

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any worthwhile dive sites around this area, or operators?

Going to be there for a few days and wouldn't mind getting wet if there's something worth seeing.

Thanks

I went with Nice Diving in June. They are at 14 Quai des Docks, Nice France. I would post the link but I can not post URL until I have five posts. They list their dive sites on their website. Have a good time in the South of France.

When I was living in Antibes I dove out of Juan Les Pins with the club I belong to. The club is now part of Easy Dive:

EASY DIVE - centre et magasin de plongée à Antibes Juan les Pins

Getting from Nice to Juan Les Pins is easy on a local train. Takes 20 minutes.

BTW - It is very worth while to visit the Aquarium in Monaco.

If you want to go farther west there is some good diving our of Toulon. We did some wreck diving there.

I went with Nice Diving in June. They are at 14 Quai des Docks, Nice France. I would post the link but I can not post URL until I have five posts. They list their dive sites on their website. Have a good time in the South of France.
Nice Diving Centre de plongée Dive Center

the important point is that this center is PADI & CMAS
(a lot of diving centers in France are not linked to PADI)

diving in the med sea is nice !

Stephane

It depends on where you have been diving before. I was quite disappointed when I went diving last week in the med. It's just not that spectecular and quite expensive. Of course, every dive is great because diving is great, but if there's nothing to see or do then it's just not worth the money. So I advise, if you go, go to a wreck or something like that.

Another advise...don't go with easydive in Juan les Pins. There's no atmosphere at all. The owner looks if he's only out for the money and it feels like they are not that professional.

There are some great dive spots, but just ask where the dive of that day is going to.

Nice Diving Centre de plongée Dive Center

the important point is that this center is PADI & CMAS
(a lot of diving centers in France are not linked to PADI)

diving in the med sea is nice !

Stephane

Old thread...but I too would recommend the above shop. I went diving with them 2 years ago. Not much fish, but the topography was dramatic and the vis good. They pumped music into the water for safety stops and served wine aboard the vessel...too funny.

Le Poseidon is another outfit that accepts PADI divers.
I dove in Nice with another op that I don't recommand (Nautile), but the dives themselves were pretty cool. Granted, it's not the Red Sea or the Caribbean, but I did see a school of anchovies, several big groupers, spotted eels, baracudas, sea urchins, octopus, and a whole family of cuttlefish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom