Current water temps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mwhities

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Can anyone report what the temps are currently for any of the inshore dives you have done? I know I don't care, but my brother-in-law hates diving in cold water. :dork2:

I'll have my 3mil shorty and he'll wear his shirt and shorts.... I need to tell him in advance if it's "cold" or not. He does have a 3mil henderson gold long suit. Do I need to tell him to wear it?

Thanks,

Michael

The min temps are around the mid 70's. I'm fine in a full .5mm, but if he's a cold water wimp then he better go with the 3mm or at least take it with him for dive #2.

The min temps are around the mid 70's. I'm fine in a full .5mm, but if he's a cold water wimp then he better go with the 3mm or at least take it with him for dive #2.

Is this at depth too? We are going to dives in the 60 to 80' range. Maybe less than that.

Thanks, I'll let him know. I'm sure he'll wear it for both. If it's not Cozumel, he's gonna wear a 3mil at least...

Thanks again.

Michael

About 80 degrees at the surface
In the early AM it's been about 68 at 95fsw

It's rumored that SuperBugMan dives in his shorts and t-shirt, but he has a lifetime supply of Hooter's Wings, to keep him warm :wink:

It's also important how long you plan to be diving. I don't mind 20 minutes of 68 degree water after cooking in the sun for an hour or so :cool2: Multiple dives with any depth, and he would be smart to wear some exposure protection.

Thanks, I appreciate the post.

Michael

Trunks only, everyone else is a sissy :)

Another important factor to think about is skin protection. We are starting to feel a few Jelly stings on the surface. And the wrecks are all encrusted with little sharp "gotchas", that is why I just wear the .5mm, but like Hetland says above after a few dives at depth it can suck the warmth right our of you even if it is 75*.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom