Liveaboard on the Red Sea?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MNawman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can anyone reccomend a good liveaboard operator in the Red Sea, and when is the best time of the year to go to Egypt. We would also like to see some of the sights on land. Any suggestions from local operators and those who have travelled there would be greatly appreciated!

The Red Sea is an incredibly popular destination from the UK - less so from the US.

i would recommend posting your question on a UK based forum - or even just searching the forum for info.

The best is

YD Scuba Diving Forums

if you are used to US standards of service, i would only consider the top end boats - otherwise you run the risk of being disappointed.

Most popular operators out of UK are 'Tony Backhurst' (Scuba Travel - Worldwide Diving Holidays) - though 'Blue o2' are making a name at the quality end of the market.

i once spent a few months working in Cairo - for the top side sights, i'd recommend:

Cairo Museum - book a private tour - its very cheap & well worth it
Day trip to Pyramids
4 day Nile Cruise - Luxor to Aswan

then go diving

i hope ths helps.

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom