where to find a battery for a D9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gardner

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
i'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction on how to get a cr2450 battery for a suunto d9,i've taken it appart after ordering a battery on e-bay but it doesn't fit and no where seems to sell the toshiba one that came with it, any clues?
cheer gardner

Don't know if this is helpful or not but just in case: The CR2450 size battery is an industry standard. (You may have already known that.) However, there have been occasional reports posted over in the Computers forum that some battery manufacturers are over at one end of the CR2450 specification's size tolerance range, while Suunto is over at the other, as you've just found out the hard way. IIRC (vaguely), it's generally the discount manufacturers or 'house brands' that have problems, and the big name brands (Toshiba, Duracell, Panasonic, etc.) have less issues.

To answer your other question, these types of batteries (i.e. button batteries) should be available in most electronics, hardware, camera or hearing aid stores, although you might have to try a few shops to find the the specific type (CR2450) and a brand name you like.

Good luck.

Check this thread for details on changing the battery. The thread notes that some 2450's don't fit because of the battery profile and it has pictures you can click on to see which one works.

And you can find the battery here. The battery sold by LeisurePro is a CR2450N, although I don't know if the "N" in the battery number makes a difference.

You could also take it to the shop where you purchased it.

Thank you one and all for you advice i'm going to head down to a electronics shop, I was hoping the one discribed on e-bay i bort would do the job, as it's sold as d9 battery o-ring silly me.

The battery sold by LeisurePro is a CR2450N, although I don't know if the "N" in the battery number makes a difference.
It does make a difference. In fact, the CR2450N is the "better fitting" model where the "smaller neck" is about half as high as the battery, while the CR2450 without "N" has the larger diameter over most of its height.

I buy mine at Radio Shack.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom