Holes on Halycon BP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ghost.Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
Just curious, but I've got a newer style Halycon BP and I can account for all the "holes" in it except for two. Of course you have the slots for the webbing and crotch strap, the slots for the STA that is unique to Halycon, the MP pack holes around the sides but I have yet to find what "official" Halycon product uses the two square holes on the bottom of the plate just inboard of the little winglets where the plate was bent.

Anyone know??

Hey didnt think of those! But looking at my BP, I would say no. They are on the bottom of the plate between the crotch strap slot and the lower hole for the MP pack.

Look in the attached photo. If you look to the right of the crotch strap in the photo you'll see the hole.

Really bugs me that I dont know what that's for, just one of those things I guess

They're not the ACB holes. My plate doesn't have those. I know some people use holes along the bottom edge for mounting a rolled up DSMB, maybe that's what they were for.

I've seen pictures of several different Halcyon plate hole layouts. Not sure if they change them when DIR standards change or anything like that.

So far I've seen three different configs of Halycon plates. friend of mine has earlier style with holes around the edge kinda like an OMS plate and Halycon logo stamped in the V. Mine fewer holes around the egde just for the MC pack and the STA slots. The one on Halycons webpage is similar to this but it also has different holes for mounting the tanks where as mine only has the two.

Man, I hate not knowing what something is for.....:confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom