New Wisdom Computer Interface Software 2.1.0 (beta) better, but not perfect

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrdavis_jupfl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Well, I've downloaded and tried out the new version 2.1.0 (beta) of the Wisdom computer interface software (11Jul09 release) and I have to say it's a definite improvement over v2.0.4. The SAC calculation is fixed for manual entry dives, data stores reliably, and there's a new tank editor that is very handy. All in all, the interface looks pretty good.

That said, hopefully the 'beta' designation means the updating isn't finished just yet, because I think I've found some bugs in the 'Export Dive Data' section. The software hangs up when 'select all dives' is chosen requiring killing the program. Manually selecting a single dive and exporting in .txt format produces no output, and choosing the DAN .zxu format produces output but also hangs the program.

Have any other users have noticed these bugs? I've sent an e-mail to Sherwood describing these issues. No reply as of yet. Also, if our Sherwood Rep has any info, I'd appreciate seeing it.

Thanks.

Jeff

Have you tried the auto update yet? mine say I have the most current. also my software dated 7/14/09 realease. because that seem easier than login onto sherwood site.

NCadiver,

Yes, I have. I downloaded the 7/13 version and gave the export dive feature a try. Select All Dives works now, but the .txt output function still produces no output and the .zxu gives me output but locks up the software.

Did you try these functions and did any work for you?

This is getting really narcissistic, I'm replying to my own posts.

Auto update. What a great feature. I downloaded the 7/15/09 version (they're coming fast and furious), and the bugs I complained about are totally fixed. Export dive data is working in all formats and it's really fast.

I wish I could change the title of this thread to 'New Wisdom Computer Interface Software 2.1.0: Wow, what an improvement!'

To anyone still using v2.0.4, do yourself a favor and upgrade.

To the Sherwood Rep, tell the software development team nice job and thanks from me.

I just use the update and I like that better the going to sherwood site and downloading

I currently have v2.0.4. If I download the Beta or v2.1.0 version will it replace my current version or would I end up with 2 versions on the same computer? If I download the Beta version would I need to export the dives from my old version before I download the new version?

Thanks for these quick updates. I had a huge issue with none of my dives showing up on the older software. Now they are all showing up and being dl as we speak. Thanks for this, I finally can use my pc for diving!!!!

Big question is... Will sherwood be finally supporting mac computers in the near future. I know having my macbook on a trip and able to do this would be awesome.

Ok I have found small issues with the program. Minor ones that could make it a more enjoyable program. When you first start dl all your dives, you end up having to go through all of them and adding in each dive your gear set up. It would be nice if the you can set up your gear once or have many set ups in a folder such as the cylinder one that you can click and bang all your gear pops into the gear listing.

It would be also nice to have the ability to add many locations at once in one area and then just click the drop down menu in each dive for the location you dove. If it is a new location you can add it to the list of all your sites with the right click method.

Again minor issues, ones that have me going through all my dives and erasing all the default stuff and putting my own stuff in... long and tedious right now. :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom