Problems with Scuba.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uriho

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi every body,
I read a little on the pros and cons of purchasing from a LDS Vs. online.
I thought I'd be secure with "Scuba.com" which is considered quite big.

I made an order about four weeks ago and ever since I'm doing Email Ping-Pong with these guys...
The sum in the Emails keep changing and the web page says: "This is a deleted order"
and the items are gone from the list.
That doesn't stop customer service reply my last Email with (this is the full content):
"You can look at your order directly online to see all the figures and the total under order status from the home page.

Best regards,
Customer Service"

Since I'm shipping not to my credit card address they only accept wire transfer,
I'm a bit afraid to wire the funds at this condition...

Any of you had such experience with scuba.com?

Scuba.com has a weird habit of changing the order number if there is any change in the order.
I'd suggest you look up your order in your account not using the order number but just going into your order history and checking the orders.
I've used them a number of times and a few have had this confusion myself but they have always made good in the end.

Hi every body,
I read a little on the pros and cons of purchasing from a LDS Vs. online.
I thought I'd be secure with "Scuba.com" which is considered quite big.
Mistake I've made as well, the site you want to use is Scubatoys.com :)

Scuba.com has some issues, I mean you'll get your stuff eventually, it's just that it's like getting a tooth pulled dealing with them. Scubatoys has awesome customer service and all my orders have either been issue-free plus one where they did outstanding work (upgrading a reg for free because they were out and I wanted it the same week). Don't know about LeisurePro, but they don't have manufacturer's warranties so I avoid.

Scuba.com is a legitimate business, they just have issues getting their act together.

Picture8-6-1.png

Why do these always seem to be first posts?

People naturally want to resolve their issues one way or the other, and we have the biggest draw.

That being said, I have ordered numerous items from Scuba.com and have never, ever had a problem. There was that time when they "undercharged" me for an item. I liked that! :D

I also have ordered a lot of stuff from Scuba.com and have never had a problem.

I thought the service, speed and prices they gave me was A++
I have no idea why your experience was different.
I would suggest a phone call to clear up whatever the problem is rather then just email.

Scubatoys.com is another excellent place ... Never had a problem there either.

Thinking of it .. I have never had a problem with any of the hundreds of purchases made online.
Amazon - Ebay - various retailers, I guess I am just lucky.

It has to do with the order being international and the shipping being different from the billing address. With all of the fraud out there, you just can't blame them for being careful!

Well, point taken.
In my case I've been a passive participant in the forum.
I found the place to post if I have an opinion to contribute, need help or advice.
Since (with all do respect) most of the people here have much more experience than me I didn't find a place to contribute my opinion but to use your experience.

I thank you for your replay.

Best way to sort out issues with online retailers is always over the telephone.

So what is the diving like in Israel?

Could it be that internet buying is strongly suggested on here and they figure there might be someone that might be able to help them out?

Back
Top Bottom