Sharm in January

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulshill

New
Reaction score
Hi there,

I am on a liveaboard (The Whirlwind) leaving Sharm on Jan 3rd. Has anybody been diving in sharm in Jan and if so whats the marine life like? Obviously I am not expecting huge shoals of schooling fish like in July but am just wondering whether the main attractions will be the wrecks or whether there will still be plenty to see.

Let me know!

cheers

Paul

This whole year has been strange and loads of marine life you'd not expect have been around... Right now there is a tiger shark on the north plateau of Elphinstone and it's been there for a week and everybody see it every dive... Wicked! But there have also been mantas and longimanus and threshers and blacktips and many other interesting encounters on a regular basis which is really cool. This year seem to be the year of surprises and I hope it keeps up. If you want you can check my personal website WELCOME TO AZIAB for details, just click on "Yearly Cycle".

The wrecks are obviously always there but also the marine life on the wrecks can be interesting. For example you can find really cute, 5mm small seahorses and flabelina on Ulyssess and Frogfish on Chrisoula K and a lot of other stuff...

Hope you have a great trip!
...a...

Back
Top Bottom