Eva BC problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everybody,
Can someone tell me where to get a repair? Is it possible to add another tank strap to my B.C. I have a seaquest Eva. Last year I made two open water dives where the tank ended up on the back of my knees. I had to surface to fix once and at the beginning of another dive the dive master had to reposisition the tank and tighten the tank strap. One strap around the top of the tank doesn't seem to be enough. Is there an inexpensive way to add a strap? Vest is great otherwise. Thanks,
Diane

Hello everybody,
Can someone tell me where to get a repair? Is it possible to add another tank strap to my B.C. I have a seaquest Eva. Last year I made two open water dives where the tank ended up on the back of my knees. I had to surface to fix once and at the beginning of another dive the dive master had to reposisition the tank and tighten the tank strap. One strap around the top of the tank doesn't seem to be enough. Is there an inexpensive way to add a strap? Vest is great otherwise. Thanks,
Diane

Hi Diane,

First of all, is it a problem with the design or with the existing strap (has it gotten old and worn or fallen out of place)?

If you purchased the BC from a retail shop (or even online from some more reputable places), they may be able to help so give them a ring or make a visit with the BC. Alternatively, get in touch with Seaquest and see what they suggest. I have a Diva that even several years into its life (and many dives), I've had free replacement parts and services under the warranty. If those routes are fruitless, you may want to enquire at a scuba equipment repair place.

But before you go through with all that, check your assembly and make sure that the strap is going through all the loops and buckles in the proper manner. Also, putting on the strap WHILE WET makes for a more secure fit (because the strap has a tendency to stretch when it gets wet).

Hope the problem gets resolved.

One strap should be enough. I used to own a two strap BCD, and I much prefer the one strap because it is so much easier to put on.

Before you put it on, get the strap wet. It won't stretch much when it is wet, but it may stretch a little, and you want it to stretch fully while you are putting it on, not later.

Next, just make sure it is really tight when you set up. You may want to undo the top level of the strap so that the loose end is comping back 180 degrees from the way it inserted. (Don't undo it all the way!) Pull hard while you push down on the end of the buckle to get the maximum pull. Now lift the buckle to 90 degrees to it holds. Rethread the top of the buckle and pull it over. It should be very hard to pull over.

When you are done, try to wiggle the buckle. It really shouldn't move at all, but a tiny bit ogf give may be OK. If it wiggles more than a hair, retighten it.

Are you sure the strap is routed right and not coming undone while diving?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom