I am now a Master Scuba Diver (Wow! Impressive!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sabbath999

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am now a "Master Scuba Diver" :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Yeah, I know... it's dorky :dork2:. It's a waste of $41. I got that.

I just had to share the email I got from PAID (I mean PADI) letting me know that I am OFFICIALLY a "Master Scuba Diver"

"Kenneth, as a PADI Master Scuba Diver, you have achieved the highest nonprofessional rating in the PADI System of diver education. Maybe youre (sic) ready for a full or part-time career as a dive pro. If so, Take the Go PRO Challenge."

Let me translate:

"Thanks for sending us your $41. Since you were silly enough to do that, how about you sign up for a bunch more of our training... RIGHT NOW!"

I admit it, I did get a lot out of some of the courses I took (Capt. Nemos in Columbia, MO and Y-Kiki Divers in St. Louis, MO). Rescue Diver is one I think EVERY diver should take. Our AOW (Bottom Time, Kona, Hawai'i -- good instructor, good boat, iffy managment) had some good points, as did the others...

I went ahead and got the card because I am a "Shameless Card Collector", and besides, to people who don't know any better it sounds kind of impressive to be a "Master Scuba Diver".

To people who DO know better, I will just show my Rescue C card when asked.

Congratulations!!!

I am tempted to take the Master Scuba Challenge just so that I can impress the chicks at the bar. "Yeah, baby, you know it. I'm a Master Scuba Diver and here's my authentic certificate card."

Tell me about that forms you and to fill out or did they just sent it? And congrats

Congarts. I'm going to get it because, well why not, I'm taking the courses and doing the dives anyways, I'm not sure if the card has much meaning, but I figure it can't hurt to show when you go to new locations to show you have some idea what you're doing.

Congrats Sabbath! No small feat. Glad you got something out of the training classes.

Promocop - See a PADI instructor at your LDS for the form. This is the procedure as written in the Instructor's Manual:

Submit an application (with fee of course) for the rating, in addition to evidence of completion of all required certifications (OW, AOW, Rescue, 5 specialites, 50 logged dives), and a photo to the appropriate PADI Office for review and approval. The application may be submitted by any Teaching status PADI Instructor.

sabbath999:
I went ahead and got the card because I am a "Shameless Card Collector", and besides, to people who don't know any better it sounds kind of impressive to be a "Master Scuba Diver".

Well, at least you are honest about it :wink:

It does impress non-divers, which I can see might be worthwhile for some people. I got mine after I did Rescue (for free, I had gotten over wanting to get certificates for PADI style specialties by this stage) and my boyfriend wanted to take a picture of me holding it to show people :rofl3: I refused though and told him not to tell anyone I had it incase they were a diver. :D

congrats, if it keeps you diving, its a good thing, good job

Back
Top Bottom