Looking for diving AND surfing north of Barcelona?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ggyItalia

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm looking to hook up with a friend of mine who will be flying into Barcelona on July23. His vacation ends August 13. My friend's desire is surfing during the day and salsa at night. My desire is to hook up for one week and do some diving during the day and maybe even taking the next level course above my PADI open water certification.

At this point, Costa Brava seems to keep cropping up as an option as I swim my way through Google searches.

Does anybody have any suggestions? Also, any input on accomodations would be greatly appreciated! In an ideal world, a two bedroom vacation apartment would be nice.

Thank you in advance for any input anyone can give me!

A friend of mine is going to be in the Barcelona area from July 24 through August 13. He is looking for surfing during the day and salsa at night. I am an open water PADI certified vacation diver looking for diving during the day and maybe taking a course for the next level certification.

I have been drowning in Google searches and would love some advice from those who have dived off of northern Spain. Any suggestions of areas as well as accommodations? In an ideal world, it would be nice to find a two bedroom vacation apartment but I am open to all suggestions.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

2 identical threads merged
No double posting please
Thank you.

Sorry about that. I am new to the forum and couldn't find my initial request. I thought perhaps I somehow hadn't posted it. Please forgive me - I am a rookie!

Just noticed you posted this thread last july (2009) so how´d the diving go? any advice for me?
Regards,
IcelandDiver

Dear IcelandDiver,

I would love to be able to give you advice about diving around Barcelona, but I can't. In the end, we went to Puglia in Italy and I did a couple of dives down there. On a 1 to 10 scale, I'd give the dive a 4 - visibility was not great, there weren't really any fish and the water was not the crystal clear water I had been spoiled by in the Maldives, Bahamas, Sharm El Sheik, Australia and Jordan.

Can I help you with info on any of those places?

Regards,

ggyItalia

Dear IcelandDiver,

I would love to be able to give you advice about diving around Barcelona, but I can't. In the end, we went to Puglia in Italy and I did a couple of dives down there. On a 1 to 10 scale, I'd give the dive a 4 - visibility was not great, there weren't really any fish and the water was not the crystal clear water I had been spoiled by in the Maldives, Bahamas, Sharm El Sheik, Australia and Jordan.

Can I help you with info on any of those places?

Regards,

ggyItalia

May I ask you where you dived in Puglia?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom