Scubapro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TomBomb

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey Divers,

I just wanted to right this so people can see how great ScubaPro really is. I bought a ScubaPro Aladin Prime about a year and a half ago and it broke 2 weeks ago. I sent it to ScubaPro telling them it was out of warranty and they still replaced it free of charge not questions asked. Just think they deserve a big THANK YOU

good to hear. I'm a big fan of scubapro (regulators, in my case) - result!

yeah, I am set up with a ScubaPro MK25/s600 love that reg easy to breath with and extremely light.

Hey Tom,

What were the symptoms of your Aladin issue? My wife's is acting up a bit. It will go into some sort of funky mode seemingly at random. I does seem to work properly when she's diving but the log will miss a dive every once in a while.

We both have MK25/s600 sets and love them...but we're noobs, so we don't have experience with anything else to compare.

Doug

Also like very much SP, almost all my regs are SP, MK25/S600 in my doubles or MK17/S600 for cold water, MK17/S555 for deco bottles and I also use an Uwatec digital Botton Timer (don't use computer) and SP Jet Fins.

If you take Scubapro, Halcyon and DUI it is pretty much 95% of all my gear...

Hey Divers,

I just wanted to right this so people can see how great ScubaPro really is. I bought a ScubaPro Aladin Prime about a year and a half ago and it broke 2 weeks ago. I sent it to ScubaPro telling them it was out of warranty and they still replaced it free of charge not questions asked. Just think they deserve a big THANK YOU

Glad they're doing something right for someone, because they've done nothing for us but put us through BS.

We have an UWATEC dive PC that has been back & forth to them for over 6 months with no resolution. AAMOF they STILL have it right now.

Can't say I'd recommend them for their dive PC service based on this...

Before our shop started carrying SP I wondered what the fuss was about.

After having to deal with many vendors, I found SP helped us take so much better care of our customers than the other lines we carried. And I also noticed that we had fewer issues as well.

All of my regs (5) are SP, as is a large portion of my gear, including computers.

SubMariner, what computer is it that's giving you problems?

Scubapro is very helpful if you've purchased your gear from an authorized dealer, but are equally a pain if you haven't. I like their gear, and own many different SP products, most of which were bought retail, however, my first computer was bought from a dive shop owner who picked up an alladin prime, and then didn't dive it for a year, so he sold it to me for $200. I was happy with it until it died a month ago on a dive on the Cedarville. It showed 71% battery life before the dive, but only lasted 5 min into the dive. The return to replace the battery would have been free had it had a warranty, but cost me $85 since I bought it "second hand".

I just don't think that charging such high service prices on used gear is in their consumer's best interests. It's a big negative for resale price.

Tom

PS, I also wish they adopted standard fittings for their hoses.

I got the idea from reading the DIR section (and all areas of this blog) that SP is all you buy and wear if you want to "Do It Right". Left a bad taste in my mouth, so to speak.

I've seen divers who have no clue about how to set up their rig and had the captain do it for them, dressed in SP from head to toe. Obviously got the sales pitch from their local dealer.

I know this isn't the norm, but I can't help it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom