Junior open water certification To Open Water certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goolom

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I was certified when I was 16, so I had the Junior open water certification. Now I have turned 18 and am turning 19 soon. I looked at my card and realized that it still said Junior open water certification. Basically my question is that if you are certified as a "junior" when yo turn 18 does your certification drop the Junior part and become Open Water Certified?

That's odd. At the age of 15 and older you're normally issued an Open Water Diver card. The Jr card gets issued to kids under the age of 15.

In order to get a normal OW card, you just need to contact PADI either directly or via a dive shop, pay for a replacement card and they'll send you an OW card.

R..

I agree with that, if you are under 16 you are a junior, not 18! If you change your card you will still have to pay so If you really need to have a new card, which you do not really need because your junior card is still good for you to use, I recomend that you go Advanced and upgrade that way instead of just paying for a new card!

Yeah, sign up for the Advanced Open Water! Some places will either want you to be advanced or to hire a guide to make a dive. The Vandenberg comes to mind as I see operators wanting AOW or to hire a guide for $30.

And welcome to ScubaBoard!

What agency are we dealing with?

Maybe there's an exception to the 15 year old custom.

Pete

I would talk to your instructor----he/she will fill out the proper form....

What agency are we dealing with?

Maybe there's an exception to the 15 year old custom.

Pete

Profile say's PADA.:confused:

Thank you everyone. Im currently in College so I dont have much time to Dive anymroe. I will either order an OW card from padi/dive shop, or preferrably if I have time just upgrade to advance.

Thanks everyone!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom